Friday, March 4, 2011

Give Him everything.

So one moring during my reading, I came across this scripture and I literally sat on my couch for 5 mintues in awe of what I read.

"Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny. Calling his disciples to Him, Jesus said, I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in EVERYTHING— ALL she had to live on". Mark 12:41-44

So why was I in awe? Well for starters I was completely impacted at the love this widow had and how much faith she displayed...To give everything she had for the cause of Christ...wow what an example. Think about her for a second, she had no husband, no money, and possibly very little to eat. A home? No telling how she lived externally, but internally boy was she rich. Rich in love, rich in faith, rich in obedience. Though she had nothing to her name in life, none of that turned this widow bitter, it didn't cause her to become angry with God, she didn't curse His name for how she lived; but instead she praised Him in her offering. My next thought was, how many times do we as Christians give or act out of our surplus or excess? This widow though she gave much less in amount than the rest we see that in God's eyes it held more worth because she whole heartedley wanted to give Him everything she had.
What did this teach me?
Honestly it taught me that my life, the money I make, the children and husband I have, the friends I love, they are not MINE. It all belongs to Him... So in essence I have nothing but myself as an offering....and that is all He wants.. For us all to give ourselves up to Him...not just a piece of us, but ALL that we are for we hold more worth than anything money can offer.


Won't you give Him everything you have? YOU.
All you have to live on? Your heart.


Love,
Est

No comments:

Post a Comment