Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Doesn't Belong

It's amazing to me in the simple ways the Lord shows us things that are important to understand about Him.
My sister and I were talking one afternoon and she was mentioning how busy her youngest baby keeps her. Little Gracie, is a hand full, as my sister puts it. She began explaining the depth of her interests. "She gets in cabinets, closets, drawers, she finds things that are hidden, she's everywhere Est" I kinda sat there listening and smiled as she told me more about Gracie because I related all to well when Addie was her age...then my smile turned upside down when I realized I now have a little boy who will one day be doing the same and I hear they are much more busy then little girls! I have my work cut out for me that's for certain :)
Anyhow, as she was telling me just how much GG gets into, the Lord enlightened me that He is just like little Gracie.

He is everywhere! The Lord is so involved in our space that at times it makes us uncomfortable when things that are put away or hidden are brought out. "Lord, I don't want to have to deal with that, put it back!" I can just hear my sister, or any of us mothers "baby, put that back, it doesn't belong out here, it's not where it goes" But maybe just maybe that's how the Lord ruffles our feathers just like us mothers when our children ruffle ours. Perhaps there are things we hide or store away that need to be brought out in order to be dealth with. They just may need to be exposed and brought to light. Isn't it funny how when we do decide to go through drawers, closets, or anything that's been stored for a while we end up finding that there are things that may need to be thrown away?.....

Maybe there are things we store away in our hearts that the Lord gets into & exposes so we can see that maybe we need to forgive ourselves or forgive others...then perhaps it will finally allow us to throw away what doesn't belong.

With Love & Prayer,
Est

1 comment:

  1. Esther, love this post! Well I probably say that about all your post. But they are always so good. :o) Thanks for sharing! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete