Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Cheer Throughout the Year!

I LOVE Christmas. I see a lot of excitment as I look around every where I go because Christmas day is drawing near.  If anyone ever asked me when I was a little lady," What is your favorite holiday?" the answer stood the same-Christmas! I have always loved this time of the year because it is a time the world recognizes the birth of Jesus, and some people step out of their comfort zone to learn about this Jesus that was born in a manger. I also love it because it gives believers the opportunity to take a full day to remember our Savior with the little ones around us. Christmas truly is a special time. There are other, less important, things I enjoy that comes with Christmas like: homes being decorated, the smell of cinnamon and spices, Fathers and sons hanging lights around the house, snow covering the land, the smell of wood burning in the fire place, the smiles on children's faces as they play and laugh making snow angels with friends. Plans are being made to travel, families are coming together for the first time in years, and so many other things to name!
Every year I see and read alot during this time of the year about generous acts that people are doing all over the country-things like paying for the person behind them in line, people volunteering at the elderly home or an employee picking up the ticket etc. I've participated in acts myself, but this year honestly I am being challenged.

You see, I'm learning that Christmas is not the only time to celebrate Jesus BUT as a Christian so it should be every chance we get. Christmas is a season where giving takes place, visiting the elderly homes happens more than any other time, blessings are being poured out on the needy and for the rest of the year is seems like people go back to normality and it appears that wallets & sacrifical time is put away. When I asked Jesus, what it is He would want from me this Christmas He very simply said to spread this word and asked that my Christmas cheer, my Christmas giving, my Christmas love and service to others would stretch 365 days a year. Why? Because it matters to Him not just during this season, but always.  Jesus says that the things we do for the least among us would be as if we are doing it for Him. Matthew 25:31-46. So, is it wrong to donate, give your time and money towards an angel tree, bless people with money, and volunteer at Soup Kitchens? Absolutely not, people do feel the lack of what they have the hardest during this time; however, my point is that it shouldn't be that once a year good things come to those less fortunate. I wish we could open our eyes to see that for many we experience that Christmas cheer everyday, but others are still in need. I wish I could open fox news on my browser and see all these good deeds year round, but the truth of the matter is that we all fall short. Today, I simply want to spread this message that this Christmas cheer would follow ALL through out the year.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment