Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Funniest Fact, you don't have to read.

Funny fact: I was asked a rather silly question from a friend recently. She said “Esther,what’s wrong with you, you are never frustrated, do you ever get upset?” excuse me while I laugh LOL I replied with a giggle, said “girl, all the dern time.” She said, “but you never show it! Tell me the secret how do I do that?” I said, “well, theres no secret, prayer definitely has assisted majorly…and of course it’s taken some work…I always used to speak my mind as soon as I got mad or frustrated, but I was wrong for it, it got me no where…never changed a situation only made me feel better for a second or two." “Now”, I said, “If I need to vent or get something off my chest, I think for a couple days then speak..and most definitely pray.

Funnier fact : Today I am frustrated. Thought about this, check. Prayed about this, check check. Need to vent, check check check. My frustration: people that preach how they think people should represent Christ as a Christian ;yet, they don’t even come close to the expecations they set for everyone else—and this is something I can not, will not ever understand. I am not perfect, by any means, but if I set a standard for myself then I expect to live it out and if I don't as you can tell from my other blogs I am first to admit it. Forgive me while I ramble—( This is my blogger, these are my thoughts feel free to exit the page at anytime) scriputure says my body is Gods temple..so shouldn’t I try to make it as clean as possible: examples, like in my thinking, watching what I see, what I listen too, what comes out of my mouth? One could say, like bad words? Obviously yes, but I go deeper with this. The bible says God knows the intentions of our hearts, so if I think to say something to purposely be hurtful, mean, or just to get under someones skin-I bite my tounge instead. I guess everyone is different, but I just go bananas (silently inside) when someone who protrays to be Christian, and has such a negative attitude, talks about people behind their backs, or even judges everyone who is not just like them. Does that demonstarte Christ? In my opinion no. As a matter of fact He demonstrated the opposite-He sat with sinners and welcomed all. If we feel like we really have the truth to what scripture is saying then I think we should pray that God helps us use wisdom in sharing our thoughts because some people spend too much time feeling sorry for others that aren’t just like them or praying for them to change what they believe into their beliefs. In my opinion what they need to do is spend more time growing with God and learning their bible. My theory for a long time was--worry about yourself and I still think that some should. It has taken me a while to be as confident as I am in what I believe, definitely spent sometime studing my bible to be as open as I am now, and still have so much more to learn! Definitely do not have all the answers, (who does besides Christ we're human and imperfect)...but, I try to be gentle around others that aren’t of the same faith, because I’m slow to judge they’re relationship with God (maybe it’s great and even better than mine, who knows?)…for that is what it is all about, relationship, not religion. Jesus-had no religion.

People ask many times why God doesn’t answer their prayers? I wonder if it has anything to do with them misrepresenting Him.

God, I have many failures and short comings, I ask that you forgive me and teach me where I need improvment.I strive to be just like you. If I have offended you today or anyday please forgive me. I want to come home one day and finally meet the one who saved me. Forgive all that are offensive, please convict their hearts, for all who try to cause destruction, please convict their hearts, for all who are quick to judge please convict their hearts, and above all please continue to convict mine as I need it. Without you Lord, I am nothing.
I love you.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Cathy Foster, and I have to agree with you.It's all about Jesus! It always has been.I hope that you will come to see me at my blog some times. I get lonely some times. But I don't just want any one I love people who love the Lord as much as I do.Jesus is the reason life is worth living! I love you in the Lord for letting your love light shine for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy for your comment, I just checked out your blog, I will definitely follow it, I hope that you have a very blessed day! God be with you!

    ReplyDelete