Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Today, I'm sending flowers.

I was reading a blog of a dear sister of mine, Theresa, and her blog completely moved me to the
point I had to respond. She spoke of a little old man in her church that had lost his wife years ago.
He stood up and began speaking great things of another gentleman (standing next to him) and
stated the words "We wait too late to send flowers"
He was talking about the flowers that we send to someones funeral. It's amazing to me that so many
times we think the world about someone, but never share it. Today, I don't want to wait until your
funeral to tell the world how much you've helped me, how much I loved you, what memories we
had together, how good of a friend you were to me..Today, I'm sending flowers while I have you
here. Now, I may not mention my immediate family (hubby, mom etc) but because I feel like I tell
ya'll all enough, but to those I don't always tell you how great you are, this is for you.

Sissy-I love you. You have taught me so much. You've taught me that sometimes the world isn't
always the nicest, but the bigger lesson I've learned is: you're a true example of what God's grace
can do--Turn someone around over night.
You have a heart full of love to give to all and I hope that one day you can reach across the furthest
lands to spread that love you have in your heart.

Eloise- Thank you. For everything. I can't imagine my life without a friend like you. You've never
failed me, but always have been there. No matter what is going on in my life good or bad, you're
there for it and for that I could never repay you.

Jax-You have a heart of gold. Plain and simple.
You have seen me at my worst and at my best, and yet always
 remained faithful as my friend. You've always loved me, for who I was (goofy, silly, sometimes
 insecure of myself) and still till this day, I know you take me as I am and are one of my biggest fans.
You are my sister, who I'd never trade for anything in this world!

Kaylie-I've never met a more sincere person than you. Something that I've learned from you is to
smile. No matter what is going on around you, you brave a smile and to me your smile speaks
volumes.Your genineness is like no one else, you may not say a whole lot, but when you do people
can rest assure you're sincere and I promise your few words have impacted many lives.
I know I can always count on you to be a true friend and for that I love you.

Becky-My sweet little cousin, you're a doll. Thank you for always being there for me when
Stephen was deployed. Whether it was taking me to get food or just always extending a
helping hand. It was one of the toughest times in my life, and you were always there to lift me
up when I needed it the most. I'll never forget that. You have a huge chunk of my heart.

Holly-You're the strongest woman I've ever befriended. I thank you for two things: making
me realize that my bad days are nothing compared to what they could be and two never letting
me forget who it is that comes to our rescue everytime. Sometimes people don't give God the
 recognition of where their life could have gone had it not been for His grace, but you are always
quick to give God the glory. Thank you for helping me sharpen my strength in Christ.

Marcie-It seems like I've known you for years! I love how comfortable we are with one
another. I've never had that come so easily when I first meet someone.
I've watched you grow into such an amazing woman of God and let me tell you, I can bet it has
encouraged many people besides myself. Thank you for all your prayers, because if I know
one thing about you, it's that I can always count on you to lift me up when I need it most. You
are very special and dear to my heart!

Jeanie-When I think of you, I think of someone that will be my friend regardless what I do. I honestly
feel that if I committed a crime, you'd still back me up against the world. You are the true definition
of faithful. I'm so glad that we were able to stay friends regardless of the other circumstances you
went through, because that just shows how strong our friendship really was and is. You know I
will always be in your corner. Love you to pieces

Kaci-You're my sister in law and not to be biased, a pretty amazing one! I knew I married into a
good family, but when I met you I realized I married into a greeat family. You have always been
nothing but sweet to me and encouraging. I know in the last couple months I really leaned on you
and I'm so glad I did, because you were always there to listen. Even if you didn't say much, knowing
you were on the other end made all the world of a difference. Thank you for being so caring.

Anna- I really miss you. You are ALWAYS going to be special to me because you were the first
person I trusted with my baby outside my family. You made the transition from being a stay
at home mom to a working mom so easy for me. You always made me feel comfortable knowing
Addie was in good hands and you'll never know how much I appreciated you. It was so hard
for me to let Addie go, but you are seriously an angel. I would trust you with any of my children
so come back to the US so you can be my personal nanny! :)


Shelley MacDonald- I just want to say that I may not know you as
well as I should, but something you need to know is when I get older and my children have children,
I want to be as good of a grandma as you are to your grandbabies. You honestly have such
a sweet soul. God bless you always Gma Shelley!

T- I'm not even sure there are words to describe you other than beautiful!
Thank you for being who you are. You are an example of what it means to shine your light for Christ.
You've encouraged and motivated me when I've had a rough day. I thank you for your love
for God and your willingness to express it outloud. I think you are an amazing woman of God
and bless all those in connection with you.

Staci- I can't thank you enough for our many conversations about God and church. I love
how you push me to go further and deeper with my relationship with God. You've said sometimes
you run people off because of your outspokeness of God, well I say it's drawn me to you! And
through you, I've learned that everyday we encounter people going to hell and it's OUR job to be
a voice of hope.
Please continue to be that voice, because the few you run off will not compare to the many you
bring to Christ! You rock sister!

Missy-There is something about you that I love. Though I do not know
you on a personal level, I've noticed your constant reach out to me through facebook. I've been
following your facebook for a while, and all I can say is I hope my daughter grows up to have many
of your qualities. You are such a smart, sweet, level headed girl, and yes I hope that one day
you can give my Addie piano lessons! She'll learn from the best for sure! :)

Delana & Cecilia- You guys are put together for a reason lol. Maybe it's because I really see
ya'll as close as sisters, but to both of you I feel the same about. I love you
girls, ya'll have known me since before I could shave my legs and though we've drifted apart
over several years, we've never lost our friendship. You guys have always had my back and
always told me I could do anything. You both give me hope and never fail to tell me I am doing
a good job even when I feel like I'm not. Ya'll mean the world to me, honestly. Thank ya'll.

Madison- You make me want to dream. I love you for your braveness. When I think of
someone I would want to be for a day, it may just be you because I think of you and how much
of a chicken I am in comparison to you. Ha! You aren't afraid to take risks and live,
(close to Jesus of course) but what I mean is not live in fear, not live in the fear of unfamiliar,
you dare to dream and that is so admirable to me. you'll never know how much I appreciate your
outgoing attitude.
If I could be a 1/4 of who you are, I know I'd just be that much more of a well rounded person.
You seriously are an all-star in my book!

Denise, Tavia, Kira, Whitney, Krystle, Malinda, Cassie Cambern, Ruby, Jazmin
Mysti, Ashley S. Aunt Tanya, Momma Debbie, Mindy F, Cadie Cat & Erin P-
 All you girls do one thing to me: keep me
encouraged! I definitely take notice, because it is so important to me. Everyone needs a good
support system and I know I have that in each of you!
Ya'll each have pushed and encouraged me at some point with your sweet comments,
to continue doing what I do. Thank you all for your words, ya'll have kept me going when I'm barely
truckin'. Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment