Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We are still the clay

"We are the clay, you are the potter" Isaiah 64:8

The room is quiet, and all is still...
I take advantage of these moments and lift my eyes to the one who makes the moon reflect the sun...
Then, I get lost in thought.
What do I think about? ::Sigh:: everytime it's something new. As gaze over the sky, looking at how
huge it is and how many stars their are, I think...each star must represent a child of God.
They shine so bright and are so beautiful...but at times, at times we lose our shine, we lose our beauty--
not in the eyes of God, but in our own eyes. Then saddness sets in.
I think of the endless miles of sky that covers all the universe and I think, that must be just how big
His love is for us...breath taking..

For the past few days, I've dug my nose in my bible and read what seems like verses I'd never seen before.
And maybe just maybe, there was a reason for it.
 Tonight, I want to encourage someone out there, that is down, restless, uncomfortable, uneasy...You are
on my heart. Going back to how people view themselves, it amazes me at how differently God sees us.
You may think, I don't have it all together like so and so, well guess what? They don't either.
But Est,I don't think I can really be this or that? Well where is your faith? In yourself or in God?
Think about it..
But it seems like all bad things happen to me and everyone around me is so happy? Does the Bible not say
that in all things God works for the good of those who love him?
And that He has a plan and purpose for all who love Him?
There are so many thoughts that bog us down daily, and strip us from doing the things God has called us to do...we are so distracted with....can I be honest? Ourselves. Our thoughts. Our ideas.
The way you view yourself, is nothing like God views you and nothing like your fellow Christians view you. So what's my point?
we all make mistakes, you know the beauty in these mistakes?
 Is that they are what make you human. Yes, we are respondsible for being Christ-like and
representing Him well, but if you and I were perfect, then would Jesus' death be in vain?
We're going to mess up, we're all going to fall short of His glory, don't let errors of everyday
weaken your faith, weaken your thoughts of yourself and who you are IN CHRIST, because
sister , brother, friend let me tell you something...You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are
designed by the hands of an Almighty God, You shine like the brightest star when He looks at you,
You are a Child of a living God.
How 'bout that?
Dust yourself off, get back up and in Jesus name, walk in faith and remember always remember,
We (His children, me, you) are still the clay, He is the potter (Isaiah 64:8)
Everyday you slip up, remember God is smoothing that kink out, when you feel like you're lost in your troubles, ideas, mess ups, remember you are being shaped and molded even in your trails, so today...
Right now, be thankful that you are still the clay.
You're not finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment