Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Season Of Thanksgiving


In everything give thanks…1 Thessalonians 5:18

With thanksgiving right around the corner I wanted to set some time down to write out my 2010 reasons why I am thankful this season. Bible says that in everything we should give thanks and though I often do so, this season magnifies and reminds us to be thankful more than any other time of the year. So here I go: I warn you I’m letting you inside my brain and my thoughts…sometimes they are a little weird : )

#1. I am thankful for life. I woke up from my sleep last night, I’ve been given another day. I have air in my lungs and my health is great. I am thankful for the life of my family--immediate and extended. I am thankful that I have not had to go through the sadness of saying goodbye to a close relative or friend. I am thankful for the friendships God has blessed me with. I truly feel like we were created for one another. My friends offer the things I don’t have and vice versa, but God did it perfectly so we complete one another on a friendship level. I feel like my friends are like my family, I love them just as much. I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful for true love…I’m thankful he has never beat me, taken advantage of me, treated me ugly, called me any sort of bad name, but rather blesses and shows me he loves me daily. He prays for me, he loves me unconditionally, works hard for me and our children, doesn’t cheat or come home drunk (you may be laughing, but I’m really thankful he’s a God fearing man!) I love my marriage. I am very thankful for it. He is the man of my prayers. I am thankful that God was merciful enough to consider me worthy of having children. I am a mother of 2 beautiful, healthy children and for that I rejoice daily! There is no greater feeling than hearing the words “Momma” I am thankful for my salvation and my eternal home, heaven. I am thankful that God’s grace is upon me forgiving me daily of all my wrong doing. I am thankful that the Holy Spirit is constantly convicting me giving me opportunities after another to change what I’m doing or prevent me from doing. I am thankful I can hear God’s whisper and know when I am hearing from my Father. I am thankful that I can feel God’s presence so heavy in my home. It is so comforting to sleep at night knowing HE is standing in the room with us. God you are always welcome in my home and everywhere we go! I am thankful that I know God’s truth. I am thankful that I don’t have to wonder if there is a God, He is ever so present in my life. . I am thankful for God's mercy, because then I know how to give out mercy to those around me.  I am thankful that my family & friends are saved because one day we’ll all spend eternity together and I’ll never lose any of you! I am thankful that I am not perfect and have flaws. I am thankful for being different.



I am thankful for my amazing parents and my close knit relationship with them. They have worked extremely hard to provide for me and my siblings. They are Godly parents who have done nothing, but raise me in the ways of the Lord. I am thankful for their prayers because I know they are constantly blessing me and my lil family. I am thankful for having a house, a vehicle, food, clothing and a good paying job. I am thankful that I can see, taste, walk, hear and talk. I am thankful that I have all my fingers, toes, and limbs. I am thankful that I have a college degree. I am thankful that I don’t have to wake up everyday wondering what my purpose in life is. I am thankful that I have passion. I am thankful for adoption agencies. I am thankful for orphanages where at least children have a place to go. I am thankful for giving people that donate to good causes. I am thankful for forgivness of others. I am thankful that I know how to love even when it is not responded. I am thankful for the internet; it makes life for me so much easier : ) I am thankful for the ocean, mountains, sun, rain and animals. I am thankful for good inspiring people that challenge and impact my life. I am thankful for good folk/indie music. That’s the best kinda music right there : ) I am thankful for warmth. I never like being too cold. I am thankful for humble people. I really dislike arrogance. I am thankful for faith, it has gotten me more places than I could ever imagine. I am thankful for teachers, nurses, hospitals, fire fighters, soldiers, social workers, and all who service everyone but themselves. I’m thankful for medicine to heal the ill. I’m thankful for so many more things, but I feel like this list scratches the surface of the thankfulness in my heart. I really do thank God for all of it, to Him be the Glory for being able to even say thanks for anything! This life is precious, and even more precious when you stop in your tracks and thank Him for all the blessings in your life.

With love,
Est

No comments:

Post a Comment