Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cherish Life's Moments

This past Sunday after church my hubby was so kind and took me to one of my favorite places to eat: On the Border. On our drive home I got to thinking about moments. Moments like the one we just had; where all we did was just sit and enjoy the company of one another as a family. I realized that it’s moments like that, that I crave. Moments that so often get overlooked or are never shared. I spend half my day thinking about others and wanting moments with them. I don’t say this with some sort of ego as if I’m some great person because of it; really what haunts me is the realization of death. Knowing that my day isn’t promised or the day of people I love isn’t a guarantee causes me to be mindful that our time is limited here on earth. And though it is true that once we leave this place we will reunite one day in heaven our focus then won’t be on sharing these moments that we get to enjoy now…


So, yes I am a little mushy, yes I can be beyond affectionate, a tad clingy, a bit expressive, and at times because of it I get in trouble but I simply can not help it. Some people may see it as a weakness, and because of the person I am little things possibly affect me more than they should, or eat at me when things aren’t right…but even if it is a weakness it’s worth being weak at those moments, because I never want to think-- I could of, should have, but didn’t. I’d rather try and try and try then quit.

Life to me may not mean what life means to others, but knowing it could be my last day or their last day, it really puts into perceptive “how do I want to live this day?” “Who do I want to live this day for?” Life to me is all wrapped around one word—Love. I try and make a personal choice to live each day not for myself but rather to love others and only then do I feel like I’m really living. There are several people that I have met that have said their only purpose in life is to make a lot of money, get promoted, reach the top, never marry or have children because they do not want responsibilities etc and while all that may be great for them, I sat and thought about those things and, they just could never be any of my goals.

I get weird looks sometimes when I tell people “I don’t have a lay out of plans for the future” and it’s funny because the reply never fails “so you don’t know what you want to do in life?” There are things I do desire and think about obviously because I am a parent and want to provide, but I guess I do not feel comfortable consuming myself with thoughts about the future when I don’t even know that I’ll see that day. All I know is what I have in front of me today…

IF God allows me to one day I would like to open a learning center for children. I may never make a million dollars, receive an award, make the news headlines, or have a fancy title; I simply just want to live a life full of moments I cherish with people I love: my family, my friends, children, the homeless, the elderly, people that are lost looking for some sort of hope in this life and people I have yet to meet. That’s it. That’s all I want. I sometimes ask myself if maybe there is something wrong with me, maybe I should be more driven?

...but something inside me just doesn’t allow me to live beyond today…

So what’s the point of my blog? Partially I just like writing down my thoughts, but also I’d like to give a friendly reminder to all my readers that even though this life is hectic and at times it can be easy to get swallowed in its busy schedule; I encourage everyone to take time out of their day to share moments with special people, give a friendly smile to someone in need, extend a helping hand, send a text or call just to say “I’m thinking about you” or “hope all is well” because those you love and those around you may be here today, but certainly not forever..
So...cherish life's moments.

A friend loves at all timesProverbs 17:17

With Love,

Est

No comments:

Post a Comment