Monday, October 5, 2009

3 years ago today....

I gave my heart away and said, "I do" to my one true love, Stephen Daniel Vanover. God, thank you for putting Stephen in my life. Thank you for the night he came across my path, thank you for being the center of our relationship, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to be parents to Adalie.

So I know you are all dying to to hear about the weekend, (got some impatient texts this weekend ha,) BUT I wanna go back to the day I met him.

Back in 2006 I was working as a waitress at the Olive Garden. I was moments from leaving when I reached inside my pocket to count my money for the evening. I had made a lot less than normal so I had asked my manager if he would please give me ONE more table to work. He said that was fine and then next thing I know the most beautiful person i've ever seen is sitting in my section. He was my ONE last table <3

Immediately I got nervous lol-to this day I know exactly what he was wearing & I think what did it was his little Yankee baseball cap ;) He looked so cute! I was all sweaty, and looked like i'd been....well ya working! Ha, so I made a fast dash to the girls room to "freshen up" When I got to his table to greet him & two other friends he was with-I swear he wouldn't even look at me! Haha, it's so funny to think back cause I seriously thought he had absolutely noooo interest until...the very end of the night I had gone to check them out and give them their debit cards back, I said goodbye and they made their way out the door. I went to pick up their tickets to put in my tip and saw his name & number at the bottom of his receipt! I was the happiest girl on earth I went to the kitchen and was like OMGOSH! He left his number (I had made all my co-workers go check him out cause I thought he was the hottest thing ever haha) The girls were so excited for me and were like call him right now! I was like no way-gotta make 'em wait hehe.

Ok, ok..I'll admit I couldn't make him wait that long cause I couldn't wait to talk to him! I sometimes think what would have happened if I would of just went home with the money I had and not said anything? Yikes, nevermind I don't wanna think about that LOL
I called him on my way home, we made a date to see eachother the next night and just like that-the rest was history <3

A few months later we brought up marriage- I just knew from the 3rd date on that he was the one. I told my family and friends and they were all so happy for me but also concerned cause I hadn't been so serious about anyone as I was Stephen. There was a guy I dated in High School that I thought I was in love with, and every boyfriend after him I just had a hard time staying with them for a long period. I thought it was pointless to try and date others when I still really liked my first boyfriend, so a month or two would go by and i'd break up with them. The only guy who healed my heart, who made me 100% completely move on and fall in love was Stephen. Gosh, I love him!

I love being Stephen's wife cause we are so much alike--(except for the whole hunting, fishing & video games stuff...well actually I am trying to work on getting into hunting cause I know he likes it so much I'm taking one for the team ha) But anyways, we finish eachothers sentences or what's even more freaky is we know what eachothers thinking! We love being a lot alike, but sometimes we can bump heads. It's pretty rare though, we were talking about it this weekend on our way to our date that it had been 3 years we'd been married right about now we are suppose to be getting annoyed with eachother haha? But seriously we don't, we are more in love each year that goes by-I give that praise to God because HE is the center of our marriage. HE is our glue that holds us so close together and honestly, we don't have a perfect marriage, but we have a pretty dern great one! I love you, Stephen.

I love my husband for many things, but the one thing I most love about him is the way he loves me. Ephesians 5:25 says, "Husbands, love your wife as Christ loves the Church." If we are to be like Christ, and if husbands are to love their wives as God loves his people then women should be treated with respect, love, praise, gratitude, not being taken advantage of etc. God is our ultimate example in everything we do-and I love Stephen above everything because of this. Because he is following God's word and loves me the way God loves his Church. He is a gentleman and never disrespects me, and in turn i'm submissive because number one God orders me to be and two because he makes it so easy to follow what he says-why? Because I trust his lead. Lord, I am so thankful for the man you've gave me, i'm forever grateful.

Friday night Stephen started complaining that he was feeling a little sick. His body hurt, he was coughing and he said his thoart hurt really bad. I was like aww baby, we totally don't have to do anything tomorrow (cause saturday we had a babysitter set up and him and I were going out for the day to just enjoy eachother)
I felt really bad and said I would not care if we just stayed home, being with him is all I cared about. With that we feel asleep. Saturday morning I'm laying in bed, he is downstairs already and i'm getting Adalie and I in the bath. When we get out and get dressed I smell something cooking coming down the stairs....Yah-he totally made me breakfast! How stinkin' sweet! He was so sick but it meant enough to him to wake up early and cook me my breakfast. Gosh, I love him!! So i'm like baby, you didn't have to! I wanted to, but he said go sit down. So of course we had our little breakfast, so cute :) then he said, I want to spend the day with you-so we decided to go on with our plans. We took Adalie to her babysitter (Brittany, she's awesome!) And off we went! Stephen drove me to the mall, ok come on, cook me breakfast and take me shopping, seriously? A man does two things they hate-cooking & shopping lol but yes, my baby did this for me. Nonetheless, we had a blast laughing, cutting up all day, spending our money lol ( He got some stinkin' cute outfits for church I might add) We went to Academy cause he likes hunting stuff & remember how I mentioned I was going to try to do more things he likes? Well I did see some super cute boots I want ha, never thought i'd say that, but I guess it's not so bad ya know I like that little country dressin'.

Well, after we shopped till we dropped we went to the Olive Garden. (we were suppose to go to Marble Falls to eat on the lake, but it rained all weekend) It's ok cause what was even more sweet is we went and ate at the exact same place we met 3 years ago and sat at the exact same section I was working the night we met!! Isn't that so cute! We spent the whole day talking about the last 3 years, kissing, laughing & just enjoying being together without the munchkin ha. We love her but it was so nice to be just us again <3

Church on Sunday was amazing as always. Did I mention my hubby is singing on the worship team? Well, yep-he sure is :) He lead worship and is was really neat to see him loving on God that way. After Church we took our Pastors out to eat and had a great time with them. I love our Pastors they are so sweet. They mentioned something to Stephen & I that we are both praying about, but i'll blog about that later, stay tuned ;)

Overall, I am on cloud 9 still from the weekend. I can't put into words how happy my little heart is. For now I better run, but thanks for stopping by! Be blessed!

Jesus, I love you!!! You are so good to me when I don't even deserve it! Thank you for giving me everything I have and even if you never gave me another thing i'd still love, praise, and worship you just for who you are <3 You are my everything.

Your daughter,
Esther :)

No comments:

Post a Comment