Saturday, October 17, 2009

God gives us divine appointments

"God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So always do these things: Show mercy to others, be kind, humble, gentle, and patient. Get along with eachother, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave you. Do all these things; but most important, love each other. Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity. Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful. Let the teaching of Christ live in you richly. Use all wisdom to teach and instruct each other by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Everything you do or say should be done to obey Jesus your Lord. And in all you do, give thanks to God the Father, through Jesus." Colossians 3:12-17

What a beautiful morning God has given us today. These last couple weeks the tempature has really dropped, but today when I walked outside-it was just perfect. I am looking forward to taking Adalie to a pumpkin patch this weekend. I was worried about it being too cold, but a long sleeve T-shirt will be just fine. I'll make sure to take pictures and start posting them now that i've learned how to :) (Thanks Sister Teresa)

My work week flew by! I have had the best week at work so far. God is so wonderful and my successes are because of HIM. Yesterday I was sitting at my desk when the front office called me to greet a potential student that had just walked in. As I approached Miss Martha-she was about 55 years young :) very quiet, a little shy, but there was a gentleness about her-I can't explain it. I brought her into one of our interview rooms and she began to tell me about herself where she lived, where she moved from etc. She was so softspoken and honestly nothing about her at this point screamed "I'm in need of financial help" but yet, I sensed a financial burden, a broken heart, a desperate need of a blessing I can't explain the feeling I had. We hadn't spoke about any finances at this point but I was feeling God speak to me that whether I could enroll this student or not-I needed to help her in one way or another. I spoke back to the Lord and said "How God?" but there was no reply.

My mentor Regina came into the interview room with me when Miss Martha began ask about pricing. I started listening even closer. As she told her story of struggling the last few years I noticed she played with her hands a lot. Well that brought my eyes to see her nails weren't well taken care of and it was almost like she read my mind-as soon as I noticed her nails she looked at both Regina and I and said, "I don't even have the money to take care of my nails." I looked away immediately.

The reason Regina had come into the room was because I'm a Business and Techology enrollment counselor and Regina does Healthcare and Education. Miss Martha happened to want education information, so technically I didn't have to stay in the meeting; yet, she interested me so much I could not leave the room. She bgan telling us more about her struggles and I rememebered Gods voice-"in one way or another, help her." I thought well the meeting is almost over, I'll just run get my pursue then I'll write her a check?...But then I thought.. No that could make her feel a little embarrassed and before I could think any further my mouth opened and I said, "What are you doing after this?" Miss Martha looked at me so humbly and before she could answer I quickly said, "There is a nail salon next door I would like to pay for you to get your nails done." Miss Martha began to rejoice and praise God right there in the open in front of both Regina and I. There was no shame in what she was doing and did not care where she stood-the tears burst out of her eyes and of course at this point tears are rushing out of my eyes. I felt the joy she had-I felt her spirits being lifted and even if it was just a small thing I did-SHE felt God moving in her life and that above all was most important. God meant for Miss Martha and I to meet that day. It was a divine appointment scheduled from God so that Miss Martha could get encouraged again. I felt so great as I walked with Miss Martha down to the nail salon because she had allowed me to bless her but more than that-she had been such a blessing to me. As we arrived at the nail salon I told the guy at the register that I wanted to pay for whatever Miss Martha asked. She gave her request and I more than gladly paid. Miss Martha was glowing smiling ear to ear-looking around like she couldn't believe she was there-My heart was rejoicing with her more than she'll ever know. I turned to say goodbye to her and her sweet voice whispered in my ear as she held me-"May God bless you abundantly child. I'm going to tell everyone about you and what you've done." I gave her a smile, thanked her and before I walked out she asked, "One last thing what was your name?" "Esther", I replied-"Well what beautiful name" she said-with that I smiled, told her to have a wonderful day and walked out for lunch.

It was almost as if I were a child in a playground I wanted to skip along to my car I was so happy. My heart was doing sumersaults and I was just so joyful in the Lord. I'll never forget my divine appointment with Miss Martha.

Father keep your hand upon Miss Martha. Thank you for the opportunity to meet this servant of yours. She showed the fruits you speak of-your presence is so apparent in her life God. I wish to be as a quality of a Christian as Miss Martha is. The way she rejoiced in you Father showed me her dedication to you-that no matter where she is, Miss Martha stands for you. Bless her Lord, spiritually, financially, in any way she is praying to be blessed, bless her. In Jesus wonderful, mighty, and gracious name! Amen, and amen. Glory to you Father, have it all.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment