Monday, October 12, 2009

What fruit are you producing?

God, I am so thankful for your word this morning. I'm thankful that you gave us your word to give us direction, find answers, remind us of our promises in you and learn your likes and dislikes. If there is anything I want in my life, it is to please you Lord. With everything I am, you know my hearts desires-I want to exalt YOU, lift YOUR name on high, and bring honor&glory to YOU. Empty all that I am, and fill me with everything you are. Jesus, I want to be just like you.

My goodness this weather is making me so sleepy. I woke up this morning and could barely see 5 ft in front of me, the fog was so thick. All weekend long it was drizzling, cloudy, and wet. Oh and cold! I do love the fall weather, I enjoy it being cool, but when it's cold..brrr just thinking about it makes me cold ha, I want to stay home, in bed with my sweats on or on the couch-have hot chocolate in my hand, cuddled with my husband watching a romantic comedy <3


Why do weekends go by so fast? My mother in law was here for the weekend and we had a great time :) When I got off work Friday night she was already home. The hubby grilled Steak, I cooked homemade mashed tators and veggies, it was delish :)- Saturday we took momma in law out to eat for lunch then went shopping for a Princess Party we were invitied to on Adalie's behalf. A sister from Church was celebrating her twins 4th birthday Princess style. We had a great time regardless of how cold I thought Adalie was. I kept chasing her around pulling her hoodie on her and Stephen was like "baby she's fiiineee!" I'm like "What? No she's not she's cold"-then we'd turn around and Adalie would be giggling, laughing, playing all over the place haha, I'm so protective with my little girl, but oh well at least I take good care of my muffin :)

Church on Sunday was such a powerful service from beginning to end. The music was on point, and not because my husband is on the worship team, but because Miss Audra has such a gift in leading us into Gods presence. She was so annointed you could feel Gods presence surrounding her as she sang to Him. I called it a mini "Hillsong Concert" ha-then following such an great worship, Pastor led us into the Word. And this is what he preached on. Galatians 5:16-25


16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.


Pastor made a great example when he said some of us can't bear any fruit because our branches were dead. He said, we needed God to come in and restore that which was dead lest God take out the WHOLE tree and throw the tree in the fire. It's symbolic of course-we represent the tree. We are to the ones who bear the fruits in which we are called to. Love, peace, patience (that one I definitely need work on) and etc. I believe when we truly empty all we are and make our bodies Gods dwelling place-our outter doings will represent Christ. We should show forth the fruit that God has planted and rooted deep inside us. Pastor made an awesome point, He said "So many people call themselves Christians but their actions are not Christlike." He's right-what we say, what we do everything we are should represent Christ better yet should be like Christ. Pastor said, you want to know if a person is Christian or not listen to how they talk, listen to what they like to talk about watch how they carry themselves etc, because it's true- when you are so deep into God what is really dwelling inside of you, will speak, it will show.

One thing I look for in Pastors is what they preach, and my favorite thing about my Pastor is he preaches truth. I have noticed myself growing in Christ more and more since being taken under his wing so I'm very thankful we found Christ the Rock Church. Pastor if you're reading this, We love you very much and may God continue to use you for His Glory. You bless more people than you realize. We are so fortuante to have you as our Pastor.

Lord, you are everything I need, I love you but of course you already know that :)
Your daughter,
Est

P.s. Help me stay awake at work today! :)-

No comments:

Post a Comment