Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Book Jesus Today!

It seems like I have been away forever! For those loyal readers my apologies, I was out of
town on vacation in Broken Bow, OK so maybe you'll forgive me now : )
This vacation brought more to me then just a relaxing time.
(though we were pretty active, it was nice to relax my mind) Did I just say relax my mind?
I take it back. I'm always thinking... Here are some pics:
Our Cabin




















The River



















And here I am...thinking.




















So for most people vacation is a time to get away. I always wonder get away from what?
Life? Work? Kids? Tired of their everyday? I'm sure everyone has their reasons
and maybe it's just to enjoy good family time like I got to this weekend, but while I was
having "me" time  I thought of reasons why people seek out vacations so much. Now granted,
while I was on vacation  it was nice to visit a new place, make memories, view
the beautiful scenery and be away from work for a little while--all that was extra
my main reason to go on vacation was to enjoy and maximize time with my family.

I looked up a few sites to see what were other peoples' reasons to take a vacation and one
of the answers I repeatedly saw over & over was "To Escape"....
Escape is such a deep word. It means to get free. There are people that are daily seeking out
freedom. Freedom from their jobs, their lifestyles, their troubles, even freedom from themselves. 

I remember a time in my life when I wasn't free. It was the most depressing time in my life.
I wanted to disappear, break loose, run for miles without stopping, but Jesus...well,
He set me free!!!!
I am no longer seeking something I'm missing. I'm found.
I am no longer trying to buy what the world offers. I've been bought.
I am no longer feeling caged up and confound to my old ways. I. am. free.

Don't misunderstand me there isn't anything wrong with vacationing, what concerns
me is that need people have to escape, go away, and get free. I know how amazing it is to vacation,
it's nice to be away;however, I can't take a vacation every month, every year, every
2 years so what do I do with myself when I need to escape?
I book a Jesus Get-a-way!! and guess what? It is paid for- all inclusive! The only requirement
is an open & tired heart.

I want to encourage someone today, if you are feeling worthless, tired of this world, empty,
restless, feeling anything but free--come to Jesus. For HE says,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:8
"For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes." Jeremiah 31:25
"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink." John 7:37

With this Jesus get-a-way you'll go where no one else can take you. Go renew your body,
refresh your mind and recieve ultimate peace--guarenteed package deal  : )
BONUS: You can enjoy this wonderful experience daily!
Book Jesus today! Only offered for a limited time, tomorrow isn't a promise.

**I know this may all sound cheesey, but it's the truth.
There is no better feeling then to get alone with God and feel Him lift the weight off my
shoulders. What's more amazing is that He gladly carries my burdens! Our burdens!
He can do what no vacation can do because vacations come and go, but Jesus lasts
forever and brings true restoration internally. Trust God on this, cast your cares on Him and take
a step in faith. Don't be scared, one thing I can really promise you is that He hears you, and
He does care about everything you go through. Book Him today and put your name on His
calendar everyday. Make Jesus your escape. God bless Est**







































No comments:

Post a Comment