Monday, April 19, 2010

Rescue

 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.
The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the LORD :
"O LORD, save me!"
The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.
Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has
 been good to you.
For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from
 death, my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before the LORD
in the land of the living.
Psalm 116

Today, I saw Gods love, and He showed me in the most simple kinda way.
For the past few days I've been...just blah and have been needing my Father to come to my rescue.
You know, when I think about it..it doesn't matter how grown up I think I am, in God's eyes,
I'm still His little girl.

Today I started thinking about how many times God has rescued me, stitched up my wounds, and
healed them completely...and shortly after He showed me this:
Adalie & I had just finished some dinner when I began running some water to do the dishes.
Addie came up to me and asked if she could play with a couple oranges, she had just seen
some juggling on T.V. I giggled and handed her 2 rather large size oranges. She headed off to
the living room and I stood hand washing the dishes. It wasn't but 2 minutes later that I heard
"MOMMY!" and a cry...
My heart sank, I dropped the plate, left the water running and made a mad dash around the
corner to find my Addie sitting on the
floor holding her face. I ran to her and lifted her in my arms. I moved her hands only to see that
she was fine, one of the oranges had actually hit her in the nose and I thought it was an eye,
good lordy I about had a heart attack. I'm sure it did hurt, so I began soothing her, holding
her tight and rockin her back and forth. I whispered, "shh, it's ok Addie, you'll be just fine"
she immediately looked up at me with a look of, ok I believe you, even though she probably
still felt a little sting of pain, even though she couldn't see if her face was clear of blood or not,
she trusted me. She believed that I could see her situation wasn't as bad as she thought and
most of all, she had faith in me. She dried her tears and before too long
she jumped right outta my lap and went on about her business. I sat there for a minute smiling
 as I watched her walk away. I got off the couch to return to my dishes when it hit me...
Jesus, that is the way you are with me, with us, with your children.

You see when we fall, or our world comes crashing down we don't have to feel like we're
too grown, or we've got this--we can cry out like children to our Father and I promise He will
 make a fast dash your way! He immediately picks us up, and holds us close while the
storm & it's winds pass on through. Next time you fall, remember this-you have a Father
 you can call on. He will come to your rescue, and when He whispers
"It's ok my child, you'll be just fine"
listenly closely, and believe... even though you can still feel the pain, even though you can't
see the situation look different,
do just like Addie and. believe.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Esther, I have fallen out of my walk with the Father, and this is the type of thing I needed. I moved from all the things I've ever known, I moved from my comfort zone, I moved from some of the best church families, and in that I have lost my way. Thank you for the spritual pick me up, and now I know that I don't have to live in the south to have a spiritual family. I will just continue to look to you for little pushes, and continue my walk with the Father.

    ReplyDelete