Monday, April 26, 2010

Satan, you don't impress me.

Often times, I do believe it is true that satan impresses Christians with the problems
they face.
Doubt, fear, discouragment, anxiety, impatience, etc--all these things are suppressors.
They suppress your spiritiual growth and furthermore give you a defeated attitude.
Tooday however, I want to help you GET UP & Bounce back in faith!  Come hail or
high water, remain in Christ, let nothing move you from the solid rock you stand on
because...
"we are more than conquerors through him that loves us" (Romans 8:37)

This past Sunday we had a guest speaker come to our church and it was definitely an
eye opener. I want to share with you all, what I've learned.

In the book of John, chapter 5 to be exact there is a famous story of the "healing at the pool"
At this healing poor there laid a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered.
They were waiting for the moving of the waters, (an angel of the Lord would go down at certain
seasons into the pool and stir up the water ; whoever was first, after the stirring up of the water,
stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.) 
There was man was there who had been ill for 38 years! When Jesus saw him lying there, and
knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He asked him, a very important
question that I feel like He is still asking people these days, He asked "Do you wish to get well?"
The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is
stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me." Jesus said to him,
"Get up, pick up your pallet and walk." Immediately the man became well, and picked up
 his pallet and began to walk!

When I first read this story I thought, wow, that man waited 38 years!
Talk about patience!  Sometimes we Christians are so impatient that we
give up after 38 minutes! (You know it's true.)
Anyways, this story is so relevant to us today. When Jesus asked the man
 "Do you want to get well?" notice what man replied with--He said,
Sir..blah blah blah blah (excuses). That is to the T, how we are as humans. We want help, but
then enters in fear, doubt, discouragment and everything else the devil consumes your mind
with to doubt God. To make you disbelieve He can help you. He is the father of all lies..

Back to the story-
Today, you may not find yourself in need of a physical healing, or be physically sick, you can still
 be considered sick --when you create your own negative situations. Is it true or not true
that you make yourself sick when you worry?Or is that just me? Is it true or not true that you
make yourself sick with wrong thinking, wrong believing, wrong
speaking, or is that just me?  So today Jesus asks you, Do you want to get well?
If your answer is yes, then stop making excuses and start believing according to the promises
we have in Christ Jesus. I believe that confession brings possession. What I mean by that
is we are called to confess or rather "speak of things as though they were" (Romans 4:17)
When you speak as though something were what you are doing is speaking in faith. Your
situation may not be what you are proclaiming, but speak life into your situations, not
defeat.
There is someone reading this today that is believing God for a financial miracle, right now
you need to begin speaking positive things over your banking account. Your words are
powerful, but FAITH behind those powerful words is the icing on the cake.
When you speak things make sure you are speaking with faith, let there be NO room
for doubt.
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain,
'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he
says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in
prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:22-24

I guess I have grasped ahold of this faith in prayer thing and I want you to get ahold of it too
we as children of God have the power through God's Holy Spirit to change a situation.
God has given us the same authority, He
gave Jesus while on earth. That same power, we have it! Glory be to God. I am not saying
that if you ask God, please please let me wake up and there be a BMW in my front lawn
that it will happen, because God also knows the intentions of our hearts. He knows the
reasons why we present our requests to Him. If you ask God, please let this person
I dislike have a terrible day tomorrow--do I really believe God is going to answer this?
He can of course because He can do anything, but is it really Christ-like? Not at all.
The bible says in John 15:7 that
"IF you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will
be given you."
What this says to me is that if I remain in Christ, I meditate on His word, I keep
His words close to my heart then I SHOULD then know what to ask for. Take the
example I just gave, "God please let this person I dislike have a terrible day tomorrow,"
Well if I truly knew God's word I would know that this is not something He is pleased
with, for we are to love our own enemies! Does that make sense?
My opinion is, if we can keep ourselves fed by His word, keep our eyes fixed
on Him, then when we pray we'll number 1 know what to pray for and number 2 have
the faith we need to pray our way through the situation.

Lastly, I want to help you proclaim victory over your struggle.
Say--"God even though my situation is what it is today and my physical eyes can not
see it, help my spiritual eyes have a vision of success through my battles, and so
 I declare that___________ and you fill in the blank. Brothers & sisters one of the
most important things you can do is speak life & blessings into
your situation. Speak positive things over your family, friends, even struggles.
Remember to speak things as though they were (as if it's already happened and thank
God in advance! Have that kinda faith!) and please don't be like this man waiting to be
healed for 38 years, when you can have your victory today. God's asked you today if
you'd like to be well? So do you?--don't make excuses like this
man, don't blame others, instead believe God for a miracle today. You have said it,
 therefore you have it, in Jesus name--you are called to have
victory in your life and authority over your situations. Jesus has heard enough excuses,
but today He is saying______ put your name in the blank "GET UP! and walk.."
but walk in the life of faith & victory. Don't let satan impress you anymore,
it's your time to reign!

No comments:

Post a Comment