Friday, March 26, 2010

Checkers

First off TGIF : )
I am so excited the weekend is here although it does seem like this
week particularly flew by faster than any other. The weather
is starting to warm up it seems like (at least for this
weekend anyway) Today has been a great day. My car is finally fixed!
Thanks to my amazing husband who sat impatiently ha, buuuut he
did have to wait almost 5 hours for my car to be taken care of this morning.
Oh and he still detailed the inside after ; ) Love him!!
For girls who know a lot about cars don't get mad at me on this part:
I'm really not sure exactly was wrong with it,lol all I know is
it made a funny noise when I drove it over a certain speed and the
wheel would shake a lil.
Something about the wheel barring? Who knows, I also got 2 new tires
woohoo and some inside stuff done. Thank you to my love who paid for
it, because I would have probably used that money for something else
hah, but men--they do come in handy : ) especially when it comes to
not being ripped off. Can you imagine me going in there "Umm, my car
makes a funny noise when I drive... and the wheel shakes a little,so
can you please fix it" ha, that is so me. They would have totally rigged up a fat bill I'm sure, but that's what my hubby is for (among many other
things :)

Speaking of my husband, he is actually part of my blog today. (sort of)
Last night he asked me to play a game of checkers.
I agreed and we started playing. The first game
I was too busy eating my ice cream to really care about making bad moves
...every move I made he took one of my chances. (you'll get
it in a minute) I goofed off and would slide my piece into any opening
not being strategic so of course the game was over very quickly.
He said lets play again, and this time I was focused. Not only had
I eaten my ice cream hah, but I am a bit of a competitor I HAVE to
beat my hubby when we play (he hates that cause I never play for
fun ha I'm getting better though)
He started the game off and made his first move. I'm now looking
around focused, concentrating in how I can keep my chances of getting
to the finish line. I'd make my move.
He'd laugh and sometimes would rub his hands together symbolizing
"I have her trapped". His whole mission was to set me up so I'd be
trapped, cornered, have no way out to move! (you see where I'm
heading?) But I kept my focus, my concetration,and with every move
I made I was cautious of the consquence. I took notice
of how he watched me, gazing to see if I was looking elsewhere,
he purposely planned in his mind how he could steal
one of my pieces blessings
When I got to thinking about this game after
we had finished,(and I won hehe)
God really began to show me how this is on a spiritual level. This
is exactly how Satan works.
He watches patiently, gets a hold of your habits and the moves
you easily make without focus..when you slip up, BAM he takes something
away from you--Sometimes it's joy, happiness, peace, hunger
for the Lord etc and with every wrong move it makes it easier
and easier for him to corner you, trap you, and ulimately steal
your salvation. It's amazing how a game of checkers made sense
to me... God's word is so true when it states, Satan is like
a lion roaming, seeking those to destroy and devour so when
we are careless not really tuned in with Jesus, or focused on the
finish line he'll snatch us up quickly.
That is why
we need to be in God's word daily--so we can be fed, nourished, and
strengthened to receive His wisdom...to make smart decisions, moves, and choices.
The more I study His word the stronger I grow and out-smart satan.
He tries to strategically trap me with his moves (tempations) and
because I study God's word I can see it from a mile away...so now the tables have turned and i'm chasing
him off : ) Hallejuah thank
you Jesus!
Today I encourage you to seek God's very heart. If you do not know
the Lord and would like to please message me, or seek your local
church for guidance because the truth is satan wants to keep people
trapped from the truth of knowing Jesus and having a dedicated
relationship with him...
I can not tell you every move or decision to make in your life,
but one thing I can promise you, is that if choose God, it'll be the
best, smartest, and safe move you'll ever make because with Jesus
you will make it to that finish line to be crowned, just like checkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment