Friday, March 19, 2010

For the first time in a long time...

I really feel like God is at work in my life again.
I have the permission of the other person involved to share this
beautiful testimony of God's amazing wonders. It's funny, you know,
how God uses people. There is always a blessing for both parties. For me,
God proved I was really meant for this and for her God has proved His
existence and answered her prayers.

(I'm changing her name)
I've know Elizabeth since she was in Jr. High maybe even before then and
she has always been such a sweet person. I even look at her like a little
sister. Time has gone by and neither one of us can say we've ever kept in
touch in fact we rarely speak(and this is what makes the story so unbelievable.)

Up until yesterday I didn't know a whole lot about Elizabeth...but
that she's popular, in college, is on and off with this boy,
has small town drama, hates people in her business and likes to drink.
Well about a week and a half ago
I felt the Lord speaking to me that she was needing something from me...
I couldn't exactly put my finger on what it was He needed me to do. As each
day went by my urge to talk to her grew more and more.
Once I got the full understanding of what God wanted me to speak into her life I'll be honest,
I got scared. I even doubted myself,(that Devil I tell ya) I thought "well
it's probably just me thinking it up.." I doubted hearing God's voice,
because
you know that is something to be REALLY careful with. (saying you've heard
from the Lord and telling someone) There was a couple times in my life that
I was praying at Church and someone came up to me to pray for me (I promise
I'm not trying to be ugly but this is an example) That person shook me up
and down praying for me telling me that God told her to tell me something
(and boy was she wrong)..sometimes people can want God to use them so much
they let their own opinions speak instead of God.... But that's for a
later blog.

So, after praying for a couple days I knew it was truly His voice and
He wasn't going to leave me alone on this I said "There's no way I can
tell her this God, are you serious? You know she doesn't like people up
in her business she'll think I'm weird or something..." God reminds me
of my husband, when they ask something of me--they don't care to hear
my excuses lol.

Finally I mustered up the courage to send her a simple little message..
I waited and waited and finally I got a reply.

"Esther I'm so glad you messaged me I would love to talk to you.
I need someone. I need God in my life and I've been praying
for help and
asking him to help me be a better person. I want to know God and
to love
him so much. I want to go to church weekly and to feel good
about myself.
I'm so glad u messaged me. Please text me ***-***-***. Love you"

WHAT???!!?? OMG OMG OMG is exactly what my mind was screaming,
my heart was pounding was this for real? (Elizabeth you can laugh
at this part) She even said
"love you" haha
I was terrified
to talk to her, why? Because I'm a nobody in her world, what do I know?

I didn't even really know she believed in God?
That evening after work I called her and we had the most break through
conversation. I could feel God breaking those chains of bondage-
She brought tears to my eyes--her sincerity to want to
get to know God, her desire to live a different lifestyle, she even
acknowledged that the party life is only a trick of satan to make
you think "this is what living it up means" but it only lasts
a little while until you need something else to fill the emptiness in your
heart. I told her that I was unhappy at one point in my life as well,
but when I finally surrendered my life to God, He replaced my sorrows
and gave me so much peace and joy instead.
Things that used to be boring are now fun, I find pleasure in sitting
at home with my family when back then I thought it was crazy, and
needed to find some place to go out. She thanked me over and over
and said, she is in awe because she had been searching for
answers and God had used me to answer her prayers.

I'm so humbled by this, I give God all the honor and glory, I really do
because I know that I alone am nothing.
Thank you Jesus for believing in me to carry out your assignments.

Today,I pray over Elizabeth Lord, (you know her name), I pray blessings
over her life, I pray she continues to walk in the path of righteousness
for we know this path is the only path that leads to eternal life.
Guide her Holy one, for we are aware it is going to be a challenge, but
in Jesus name I rebuke Satan and his demons and all the tricks they may
use to lure her astray. I pray a hedge of protection over her today Lord,
and grow this seed you've planted.
May you give her strength she needs to resist temptation. Break every
stronghold and yoke God, give her peace and wisdom to make good
choices. Draw her near to You, and thank you
for her salvation, we give you all glory- In Jesus powerful name,
Amen.

9 How can a young person live a pure life?
By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

12 Praise be to you, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.
Psalms 119:9-12

1 comment:

  1. WOW Esther...I got goosebumps reading that. That is so awesome that God spoke to you and this girl! I will pray for her and you. You are an amazing woman and I look up to you so much...well I always have. (Since the day you took me to lunch in high school haha.) You always make me think and make me want to be a better person. I love you sister! God Bless you and this girl!

    ReplyDelete