Tuesday, March 30, 2010

His Death bought us access, healing and life.

Every Easter Sunday, we go over the crucifiction of Christ and
though I've listened to this story all my life, it never fails to
impact and touch the very core of my being. The deep explanation
of all Jesus went through for me...for us...for the world..leaves
me completely speechless.

Easter is so much more than bunnies or hunting eggs, it is really
all about Jesus and His gift to us. Easter Sunday gives people
around the world the
chance to hear the good news that Jesus is RISEN and gives them
an opportunity to accept the One who died for their very heartbeat.
For me, it allows me to reflect on His love--realize the significance
of the cross and study the meaning of the resurrection.

I want to share with you all what we (as children of God) have
inherited when Jesus bowed His head, and gave up His spirit.
John 19:30

#1) When Jesus cried out and gave up His spirit,the bible says the
veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom! Matt 27:50-51
In those days,there was a veil in the temple that separated
men from God so to speak and only the high priest was permitted
to pass beyond this veil once each year (exodus 30:10)
The priest would enter into God's presence for all of Israel
and make atonement for their sins. BUT when Jesus died, that
veil was torn, and we now have full access to the Father!! Thank
you Jesus. He bore our sins and because of this we are no longer
separated, but cleansed by His precious blood.


#2.) The bible says in Isaiah 53:5 that Jesus was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment
that brought us peace was upon Him, and
by his wounds we are healed.
If at anytime I am sick, I say Lord you've paid the price,
you were bruised and crushed so that my body can function in
excellence and perfection, I declare I am healed. There's power
in that verse, so I encourage you to speak that over your sickness.

#3) His death bought us life. Jesus was the ulimate sacrifice. God
had to send His precious son to die for this world because there
was nothing else worthy to purchase us. When Adam and Eve ate from
the tree of life, we entered into sin. We are born into it. It is
something we can not avoid, we are sinners and our judgment should
be death, yet JESUS came to save us. We've inherited eternal life.
The Bible says we should die to sin like Jesus. 2 Timothy 11
states, For if we died with Him, then we shall also live with Him.
That's a promise, that I so deeply hang onto.

This Easter, I encourage you to reflect on what God has done
because of His love for us.
I blogged about it a while back, but if you are a parent, I am not
sure how many of us could willing give up our child for this world
which is so full of sin, evil and darkness. Yet Jesus gave Himself
for ransom, for all sinners, all ethnicities, all people...
it is truly amazing.

Jesus, I thank you. That you were all about a love that was bigger
than a life. (Your life.) I have no words to express how I feel.
You are the most beautiful being that ever walked this earth and
sometimes I wish I could have been that woman that touched the
hem of your garment just so I could have touched you, but then I
stop and think--ONE day, I will see you face to face!! Praise God!!
And you know Jesus, I am so glad I serve a living God, these
past so called "gods" are dead, but you are ALIVE! And You
are the ONLY God alive today thats changing lives, preforming signs
and wonders, healing the sick, providing for your people--You are
the ONLY true God. Thank you again for your blood that washes us as
white as snow. You are beautiful and worthy of our praise. I love you.

P.s. For the next few days I am going to be taking a break from FB,
texting,my blogger and anything that consumes my time
to give this week respect. I want to focus only on Jesus and
everything He did for me. Thanks for understanding, love ya'll!
Be back next week : ) God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment