Friday, September 18, 2009

New day, New me!

Hooray today is a new day! Yesterday was a wild one. Do you ever have days where you literally don't know where it went? That was the kind of day I had yesterday! I'm so glad was able to write in my journal, but after my love note it was crazzzy. So-I love my job and everything about it, well mostly everything- The people are so amazing, so helpful, but truth be told it's not an easy job. It comes with great dedication and a lot of hard work to be successful. I am an admissions counselor so trying to enroll students into college is a fun experience yet i'm busy busy busy! First thing this morning I clocked in, and bam got a phone call from a student wanting to sumbit an application, we were on the phone for over two hours! He is wonderful and such an inspiring young man. I learn a lot about my students and it's funny the way it works, I give them a chance to earn their degree and they give me a chance to make each new day a new me (you'll get it in a minute) My students challenge me, they all have a story that's lead them where they are- they pour out their lives to a stranger (me) and yet i'm their hero at the end of the day. I love counseling it's so rewarding, but i'm so nurturing sometimes their problems make me sad. I have to be careful not to get so deep into my emotions because i'm the counselor. I'm the "strong one" in their eyes, but in mine they are stronger and you'll see why. Going back to this young man that called me today, boy he blew my socks off! Oh my stars, he has been through everything imaginable yet is zealous about life and enpowers the world around him i'm sure of it! His character is out of this world-I almost think he is inhuman! From battling cancer to transitioning foster home after foster home, I sit back and think, wow God had to have been with him every step of the way. Sometimes we need to hear others obstacles, when we think our life is so awful or hard because then we put into perspective just how hard life can really be. When you compare the pile of problems those around us have-you really see the depth of your blessings-- i'm guilty at times of still complaining. Lord, help me.


I am excited to see my in laws this weekend. It's friday woohoo-They live in Longview and are the sweetest little people :) I love them. My step-mom in law has been dealing with some health issues so my desire is to pray God's healing over her! She needs a touch in her life so I pray God's hand goes before me. Well that's all for now, stay tuned for more :) Be blessed!

Lord, with your strength, help and guidance- my prayer is to make each new day and a new. Transform, mold, and stretch my faith.

I love you Heavenly Father-
Esther

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration sister. I'm truly blessed to have met you. You are one of the neatest women I know!!

    ReplyDelete