Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Religion Vs Relationship

I feel sometimes that religion is killing people. There are so many precious people who are seeking to have a relationship with God, and the religious community continues to tell them something else they need to "do" in order to be acceptable to Him. But that is not what God says!
2 Corinthians 3:6 says "IT IS HE, who qualifies us to be fit, worthy and sufficient as ministers and dispensers of a new convenant of salvation through Christ. " It is not up to anyone but God to decide who he sees as worthy, as someone fit to do his work, he sees our heart but the world sees all our imperfections. I once used to be that way. I thought well i'm dropping all these things to be closer to God shouldn't everyone else? Why isn't everyone doing what I'm doing? I was in the wrong. God convicts us all on different levels. My struggles and not everyone elses. Now obviously doing things like watching what you say, how you dress, what you act like are the basics of showing you are a Christ follower and showing the fruits of the Spirit, but i'm talking on a deeper level. I have began to understand that God's grace is more than anyone can imagine, we ALL have things that keep us from being rigtheous so I refuse to protray i'm any better than the next guy. When I get to thinking about sin I think well, I struggle with this, but he or she struggles with that-and it has come to me that no sin is greater than another! Sin is sin is sin is sin, it doesn't matter. So how can I say i'm any holier than someone else? Jesus is and will be the only perfect being that has ever walked this earth, all we can do is strive to be more and more like him eachday. God speaks to me and says, "Esther, do your best because you love me. I know your heart. Admit your faults, repent of your mistakes, and just keep loving me." And i'm thankful for His voice because that's all I can do. The bible says we will all fall short of His glory. I only wish to do the best I can to represent Christ and not judge others. I made a friend recently who has a heart of gold. He happens to have a different lifestyle and is gay. It saddened me so much when I was talking to him because he desires a relationship with God and knows he has an uphill battle but every Christian has shunned him and made him feel like he was too far gone to recieve God's forgivness or love. Is that the Christian I want to be? Never! I instantly prayed God help me talk to him and show him you do love him, cause you love the sinner not the sin. I found myself talking to him one afternoon, and he just mentioned that his whole life he had struggled with not feeling anything for women. I've never understood homosexuality, but I tried to be opened minded in order to be effective in my talk with him. I placed myself in his shoes and thought, wow, what if there was something exterior that people noticed about me that would keep me out of Church? How awful would that be to be looked funny at Church or walk around feeling rejected from the Christian community and society in general. I felt for this guy so I simply said, Jesus loves you. He does desire a relationship with you and everyone. Come to Him and allow him to cleanse you, to guide you, to convict you, to love you. I could see the knot in his throat and with that he walked out. That night, He sent me a text message saying, thank you-you've stirred something in my heart again, please keep me in your prayers. People that taught me something HUGE. Why are we scared to tell people God loves them? Why are we afraid of witnessing to people most wouldn't? They are the ones that need to hear God loves them the MOST! It just opened my eyes to see that God's grace is more than we think-we put a limit on God and his mercy. He can reach the people we think are so far gone, if only we too would give them some mercy, give them a little of our time, opened our arms to them and made them feel welcome. For that's what Jesus does everyday to each and every single life. He stands there with arms wide open, when we are full of filth. God forgive me for being so unaccepting to others and being quick to judge. Thank you for opening my heart and my mind to see it is YOU who changes lives, it is YOU who has changed mine. I love you Father, you are truly amazing. Thank you for sparing my life and those that have been given chances time and time again. Let us in return give others those chances too.

I love you,
your daughter
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment